Monday, August 16, 2021

Good for your heart

I was surprised to see how many beans there were in this third harvest from the garden. Even with all the weeds, the beans produced a fantastic crop this year. With all the rain we had, though, I didn't put in a second and third crop, so this may be it for the season. But that's ok.

A wok full of yellow and green beans from the garden.

There were even more beans than you see in this photo. Ken steamed a batch that we ate two ways: the first was warm as a side dish and the second was a cold three-bean salad. In the place of red kidney beans (the third bean), we used garbanzos in the salad. Now it's time to blanch the rest and get them into the freezer.

5 comments:

  1. That’s a Wot-a-beans. I’d love the cold salad with garbanzos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice crop. The bean salad does sound good. Yumm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look great. I love all beans, all ways.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been thinking about contributing a 3-bean salad for our weekly french class/pot luck this friday. One of my favorites! Your beans look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. mitch, it was delicious!

    judy, the garbanzos make it a little different. I liked it.

    bettyann, :)

    mary, sounds like a good idea!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!