Saturday, August 14, 2021

The last grate

Here's the last of the photos that I'm posting from the Sologne, taken in 2006. Another grate. I had just got my first digital camera, a Panasonic Lumix bridge camera. For the prior three years I was using one of Ken's pocket digital cameras. And for years before that I took color slides with a Canon EOS Rebel SLR.

This is a small grate, probably for ventilation. Mennetou-sur-Cher, May 2006.

Our little heat wave continues. Yesterday I cut the west forty, finally. Today I'll finish up with the north forty and the grass will be done yet again. I may even re-do part of the south forty that's grown back up since it was cut earlier in the week.

8 comments:

  1. Can you remember the number of megapixels your first digital camera was?

    ReplyDelete
  2. These have been great grates. I wouldn’t mind if a late great grate showed up in the coming days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Make Sologne grate again?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another great grate. Wait, is that someone peering out at you from the other side?

    ReplyDelete
  5. andrew, I checked the documentation. 6 megapixels. Doesn't seem like much, but the camera did a pretty good job.

    mitch, crazy greights!

    chm, arrrgh!

    emm, could be...

    ReplyDelete
  6. A grate idea it was, if only for the ongoing same puns.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!