Friday, September 06, 2024

A sign with wine

Here's another one of those metal signs from central Sarlat. This one makes me smile. And thirsty.

Who would like some wine?

The end of August is normally when the French government sends out income tax notices, explaining how much you owe or what your refund will be. They also send out the annual property tax bills at the same time. I've been anxiously awaiting our notices, but they hadn't come. So I went on the tax web site and submitted a question asking why I haven't received them and what I should do.

Before I got an answer, I figured out where to find the property tax bill, so now I've got it and everything is normal. Then I got the response from the income tax people that I should expect my tax notice to be available on the second of October. Odd, but at least it's a positive response and I can stop panicking about it.

4 comments:

  1. I’m imagining the collection of signs I would have and how cool they would like. This one is classic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!
    BettyAnn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Has your property continued to increase in value? Along with the taxes, bien sûr!
    American businesses often are not as creative as the Europeans are with their signage! I wonder why? Having a distinctive and artistic sign always attracts me to the business!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!