Sunday, September 08, 2024

Cathédrale Saint-Sacerdos

This, I believe, is part of the interior of the cathedral in central Sarlat, Saint-Sacerdos. It was built in the gothic style beginning in the early twelfth century. Construction continued into the seventeenth century, according to Wikipedia.

It might be where I was standing, but it looks like parts of the building have shifted over time.

The men's final (US Open) is today in New York. I'll record it overnight (time difference) and watch it on Monday. Today I'll try to watch the two semi-finals and the women's final, but that's a lot of tennis to fit into one day. And on Monday afternoon I'm driving Ken up the polyclinic in Blois. He's got a post surgery check-up with the eye surgeon. I may not get to the men's final until Tuesday.

8 comments:

  1. Hope all goes well with Ken’s follow-up. No spoilers, I promise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No spoilers from me, either! I don't watch tennis. I don't even know the names of any tennis players. I recognize that it's tennis when I see it being played, and that's about it:) Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very old church. It may have shifted.
    BettyAnn

    ReplyDelete
  4. We missed this church when we were in Sarlat. At least I can enjoy your photo of the sanctuary. Very impressive columns and vaults! My tv is too old to record and rewatch. Plus, I don't have those cable stations to enjoy the US Open. I do keep up with tennis, I played tennis and someday I hope to at least walk the grounds of Roland Garros! Kind of a whole new cast of characters (except for Novak!) this year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I should have typed 'winners' not characters!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can hear music apropos for the time; I can imagine sitting there in a peace like no other.

    ReplyDelete
  7. mitch, thanks. It's nearly impossible to escape the news. I already saw who won. I'll still watch it, though. ;)

    judy, a grand slam match can take hours and seem quite boring. Tennis is not for everybody!

    bettyann, that's for sure.

    mary, we have a few good channels for tennis. But no Tennis Channel. We do get two or three golf channels. Yawn.

    michael, hmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Golf - totally agree! Unless an alligator walks on the tee! Then I see the clip on the news!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!