Sunday, September 04, 2011

The loft

The barn at our gîte had some nice doors leading into what had to be lofts above the main floor. Of course, we never got in to see, nor did we particularly want to, but I wonder what, if anything, was up there.

One of two doors leading into the barn lofts.

Since there were open windows in the barn, I suppose that birds, owls, or bats could easily get in and build nests. We will never know.

If I'm lucky, I will have just returned from a quick couple of days in Paris as you read this (I'm posting in advance again). A cousin of mine just got married and he and his wife are honeymooning in Paris. I went up to spend a couple of days with them while they're here.

6 comments:

  1. How old did you say that this barn is?

    Great photo :) Looking forward to the Paris trip pictures and stories, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful barn and hydrangeas! Thanks for the great photo!

    I leave for Paris on Thurs - for two weeks - can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm betting more than just a few spiders.

    ReplyDelete
  4. judy, I didn't. Because I have no idea. :)

    bettyann, bon voyage!

    starman, probably.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Walt,

    I love the photo. You have such a good eye.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Walt,
    Your "Happy Travels" comment to Paris bound BettyAnn reminds me of a joke I heard the other day.

    What does one say to someone who is not going on a traveling vacation, but rather staying near home for a "Staycation"?

    "Non Voyage" :)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!