Saturday, February 10, 2018

Snow business

Ok, I lied. I did take more photos of the snow. When the sun came out on Thursday, I couldn't resist a few more. This time I used a telephoto lens to get a shot of the vineyard from inside the house. Something weird happened in the center of the photo, just above the building's roof. There might have been some kind of smudge on the lens, I don't know. It didn't show up in the other shots I took, and I don't remember if I cleaned the lens in between or not. I haven't really been happy with the overall image quality from this lens since I got the new camera in 2016, so I may start shopping for a better one.

Looking west from the house. This was what remained of the week's first snowfall.

On Friday we had another morning below freezing, then the clouds rolled in and it started to snow around 10h00. The snow continued until well after lunch and we got between two and three inches of new accumulation. After it stopped, the sun came out again and the temperature went up above freezing and it started to melt. Most of that snow is still out there this morning, but not for long given the forecast.

4 comments:

  1. I don't blame you for taking more pictures. The light created a different, beautiful scene. Warming up a bit here today but the wind is blowing, so it feels colder. Still... it's not freezing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mitch, we're warming up again, too. Now the snow is just a memory!

    judy, yup!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our snow in mid-winter usually only lasts to mid-morning before it melts. What altitude are you at?

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!