Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Winter in the vines

This photo is from February 2009. You can tell it's not recent because the old electrical poles and wires are still visible. They've been gone for a while now and, I can tell you, I don't miss them. Pruning is in full swing out in the vineyards now in preparation for spring.

Looking to the northeast, across the vines to our hamlet, then across the river valley.

I just got a message from Ken that he has arrived safe and sound, if not a bit tired, in North Carolina. He's been up for nearly 24 hours, so I'll bet he's ready for bed. As for me, I've got some errands to run this morning. And it's another freezing morning, so that's good for the growers. When I passed one of the guys in the vineyard early yesterday morning, it was quite nippy out. He smiled and said, "Feels good, eh?" In French, of course.

5 comments:

  1. I knew you'd have a Ken-arrival update for us :) Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dry sense of humor, that guy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you climb a tree to take this shot?

    ReplyDelete
  4. judy, you bet!

    carolyn, but he was right... it did feel good!

    ken, oh, yeah, sure. That's what I did. It's a telephoto shot. :)

    michael, :)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!