Wednesday, May 25, 2022

Down in the valley

The Dordogne Valley, that is. I took this photo from up at the Château de Monbazillac, so I'm assuming those vineyards produce grapes that go into Monbazillac wines. I'm also assuming that complex of buildings in the foreground is a winery.

Vineyards near Monbazillac. I tried to identify the winery on Google maps with no luck. Digitized color slide, 1989.

Monbazillac wines are, from what I read, blends of mostly three grapes: muscadelle, sauvignon, and semillon. Other grape varieties (chenin being one) are permitted in smaller quantities.

6 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed my time in the Dordogne :) Just one visit, actually, but it was great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Mitchell. This could be a photo from the 1950’s. Beautiful.
    BettyAnn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another picture I could enjoy each day in my home. Have you considered obtaining a drone for aerial shots? You identified how you created this photo, but at first I was thinking maybe it was from a drone

    ReplyDelete
  4. mitch, it's nice to see them again, especially since I haven't been anywhere to take new ones. Hopefully that will change before too long.

    judy, we spent some time around Sarlat back in 2006, but I haven't been back to Bergerac since '89.

    bettyann, it wouldn't have been me taking it! LOL

    mary, no, I haven't thought about a drone. More tech stuff to be confused by!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what grapes to grow and which ones to scrap must be a fascinating endeavor for the grower

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!