Friday, May 13, 2022

Not my idea.

I wish I had had the idea of taking this photo myself. I saw it on a postcard and only then decided to try my own version. I wonder how many others have done the same thing.

It was my idea to turn the photo into a black and white. Digitized color slide, Paris region, early 90s.

If you don't recognize it, I'm standing under the Grande Arche at La Défense, looking up through a canopy toward the cylindrical glass elevators (one is visible on the left) and the underside of the roof. We rode the elevator up and took in the views from the top of the Arche, which tops out at 100 meters, 37 floors, back in the early 90s..

5 comments:

  1. Whether it was your idea or not, your interpretation is powerful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific photo, but glass elevator at 100 meters? No, thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!