Saturday, May 07, 2022

That's a billboard, baby

Here's an interesting piece of advertising, or art, on the side of a building near the Montparnasse train station. The only clue I had that it was the former and not the latter is the word "Volvo" at the bottom. Nothing else about the mural tells me it's about the Swedish car manufacturer.

Advertisement mural. Digitized color slide, Paris, late 80s/early 90s.

The weather was pleasant yesterday and I did accomplish my goal of clearing the strip outside our north fence. The woods are slowly winning the war, but I carried the day's battle. I wish whoever owns the land (and no one seems to know who it is) would clean up all the fallen trees and limbs and clear out the undergrowth. It's a mess out there.

We're expecting summer-like weather next week. There is more work to be done.

6 comments:

  1. The wall art is beautiful. Maybe VOLVO is sponsoring public art as a means of self promotion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do agree with what Mitchell said, the expression in the eyes is terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The small sign at the street corner also looks like a face but not as cute as the baby. ;)
    BettyAnn

    ReplyDelete
  4. A Volvo is supposedly the safest car you can buy- one that you would want for your baby. This is a great advertisement.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, Evelyn, I agree that baby is a subtle reminder to driver's to consider how important safety in a vehicle is to them.
    We bought a new Volvo in 1980 when I was pregnant with our daughter. She ended up driving that car when she turned 16! I don't believe that advertisement was ever in America - I probably would have noticed it! Nice-looking baby.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!