Monday, May 30, 2022

Poppies will put them to sleep

This is the patch of ground in the north forty where the juniper bush grew. You might remember that we had it removed last fall. In its place, all manner of weeds and things have popped up, including these poppies. I haven't mowed in the patch because I'm enjoying the poppy show, and I want them to re-seed themselves so that maybe next spring there will be more.

Bright red poppies in the north forty. I didn't plant them, but I'm glad they popped up.

I did sow some grass seed here back in April (or was it March?). Some of it came up, so there are little patches of grass in the mix. Hopefully it will spread. It's supposed to be drought tolerant, and we're in a drought now. We shall see.

6 comments:

  1. Oh, I hope those poppies proliferate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would keep those poppies also. I love seeing them in wheat fields.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember going to a garden show that had a large display of poppies. I stood by it for 15 minutes to count how many people approaching it would quote "Oz" it was nearly 100%

    ReplyDelete
  5. mitch, me too!

    Evelyn, me too!

    judy, ha!

    michael, if I only had a brain... I might come up with something more original!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!