Wednesday, May 04, 2022

Le pont Alexandre-III

Continuing with old favorites, here's a shot of the Alexandre-III bridge over the Seine in Paris. It links the Esplanade des Invalides on the Left Bank with the Grand Palais and the Champs-Elysées on the Right Bank. The bridge was inaugurated in 1900 for the Universal Exposition that year.

The pont Alexandre-III and the Esplanade and Hôtel des Invalides. Digitized color slide, Paris, late 80s/early 90s.

We woke up to rain this morning. It seems like it hasn't rained in a while, and we need it. I'm hoping it softens the ground a little to make tilling the garden easier. It's just about time to do that now. Frost danger is over, en principe, toward the end of next week. Then it will be time to plant. The seedlings are doing well in the greenhouse.

5 comments:

  1. The bridge is astoundingly rich and elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the sounds of rain but waking up to it is when I enjoy it most.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a magnificent bridge! Those apparent stripes below the far side give me a feeling of Egyptian design!

    ReplyDelete
  4. mitch, I wish I were...

    judy, we'll always have Paris...

    michael, especially when not camping.

    mary, :)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!