Monday, May 23, 2022

Pique-nique sur Lot

During our road trips in France, Ken and I would have a picnic lunch whenever it was nice enough outdoors. We'd stop at a market or a store and a bakery along our route for provisions, then find a spot to eat at mid-day. If we didn't find an actual picnic spot with tables, we'd sit on a park bench or on the ground, if necessary. Here's Ken opening a bottle on a bench somewhere along the Lot River.

Ken opens a bottle of red at our picnic spot overlooking the Lot River. Digitized color slide, 1989.

After lunch that day, we made our way north toward the vineyards of Monbazillac in the Dordogne Valley. We stopped at the Château de Monbazillac and tasted the wine (a sweet white, similar to Sauternes), then headed a little farther north to Bergerac to see the town and find a hotel for the night.

Our lunchtime view. I'm sure we recovered that cheese box that fell on the ground. Digitized color slide, 1989.


5 comments:

  1. L’inévitable baguette and the unavoidable bottle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It shocks me to realize how long ago 1989 actually was. I thought, wow, that looks like a vintage photo. And then I remembered, it is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ken is so young and handsome! Yes, the eighties are now distant.

    ReplyDelete
  4. chm, requisite might be a better word. ;)

    mitch, I know. Hard to wrap my head around.

    judy, très good. LOL

    evelyn, he still is!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!