Thursday, November 01, 2007

Island Harvest

The last time we walked on the island, I took some pictures. You will see them little by little, as I get them prepared for posting. Today, it's melons.

Someone had recently been working this plot. The fire was still smoldering.

Actually, these are not really melons and are more likely some kind of squash. They just look like melons. Since the weather has not been melon weather, I'm sure they are a squash of some sort. I was tempted to take one (as there was a neglected one outside the fence), but I just couldn't bring myself to do it. So I have to wonder.

What do they taste like? What will be made with them?

*****
Ken arrived safely in North Carolina late last night, or early this morning, depending on what part of the world you're in. He lost an hour going to EDT from CDT, but he'll get it back when they change the clocks in the US this weekend.

2 comments:

  1. If it was outside the fence then it was on offer, no??? Now we are all left wondering for the rest of our lives, destined never to sleep again, just wondering!!! Vida x

    ReplyDelete
  2. vida, my thoughts exactly!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!