Saturday, October 21, 2017

Listing

I make lists. I have a little pad of paper on my desk, always at the ready, for a list or two. Often, it's a list of items that have to be entered into the check register that I keep on the computer. I have a shopping list that I keep for our trips to the US. I have a list of things we want to get on our next trip to the Asian grocery. Right now, I have a list of things that I wanted to get done while Ken is away. Of the ten items on that list, three remain to be completed.

One of the vineyard parcels that Tasha and I frequently walk by.

There are other things I've done that aren't on the list, of course. Like moving the burn pile. I didn't plan to do that this past week (it's been four years, after all), but the spirit (and the good weather) moved me to get it done. I also made an appointment to get Tasha groomed on Monday, but that wasn't on the list, either.

At least two of the three things left on my list will get done this weekend, I'm certain. On Tuesday, Ken gets home. Tasha and I will pick him up at the train station. That's not on the list, but it's on my calendar which is, after all, another kind of list.

9 comments:

  1. You're a well-organized person, Walt! I'm glad for you that Ken is back home soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have a list of your lists? :—)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love lists. And I love crossing completed items off my lists. So, if I do something that isn’t on my list, I add it just so It can cross it off.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am also one for lists. Unfortunately, sometimes I feel so virtuous just in making the list that I get no further!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yesterday I wrote a list. I ticked off four of the six items today. The other two will be done tomorrow. I like lists.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I make lists too, and then I lose them. Lists on the Notes feature of my phone tend to work a little better. A little.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love making lists! I adore you even more now (if that is possible!) for your comradarie on making lists.

    ReplyDelete
  8. jan, if you could see my desk...

    chm, a good idea! ;)

    mitch, another good idea!

    susan, that has happened to me.

    andrew, well done!

    judy, I'm a union of one.

    chris, put this on your list: keep track of list.

    michael, often when I'm "listing" it means I've had too much wine... ;)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!