Thursday, October 27, 2011

La dernière du jour

This is the last photo I took on this particular Friday. My walk across Paris was essentially over. After taking in the views from the Arc de Triomphe, Julie, Mark and I jumped on the subway and zipped back to our hotels on the Left Bank to get ready for dinner. I desperately needed a shower and a change of clothes; it was a very hot day that day.

Julie and Mark give their feet a break at the top of the Arc de Triomphe. That's the Avenue Foch stretching out toward the Bois de Boulogne on the left.

Dinner was at Le Petit Prince de Paris, not far from our hotels. I had reserved a table a couple of weeks prior and was looking forward to the meal. It didn't disappoint. My main course was carré de porcelet (rack of roast suckling pig), which is one of their signature dishes. Oh, yum!

But I didn't take my camera to the restaurant.

6 comments:

  1. Walt, I hope you get relief at the kiné today. That darn hedge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember well how hot that day was! I've really enjoyed your Paris posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I'm not mistaken, the hill in the background is the Mont Valérien where so many patriots were shot by the Germans during the Occupation.

    Hope the kiné will do "merveilles" for you today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Walt, the kiné is massage and physical therapist. Chiropractors and osteopathes do manipulations. You can find them, probably easier to find an osteopathe around St. Aignan. Many kinés also practice as osteopathes, but at a different rate and usually not reimbursed. Chiropractors are even less reimbursed. I have an excellent chiropractor in Paris and I can ask her if she can recommend someone down your way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was lucky enough to be able to use the elevator to the top.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks a bit high up for me - you wouldn't get me anywhere near those railings !!

    Do you get your massage treatments on the French "NHS" or are you having to fork out for it yourself?

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!