Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Pas très belle, mais quand même

This is not the greatest photo, but it gives you an idea of what you can see from the Arc de Triomphe. This view is toward the northwest and La Défense, the big business development outside Paris. I'm looking from the Place Charles de Gaulle (l'Etoile) up the Avenue de la Grande Armée.

Looking out past Paris, through Neuilly, to La Défense. Click to arcify.

I've posted better photos from up here before (see them here), and I didn't take many on this day, so you are spared the panorama this time.

7 comments:

  1. Must be great to have that little roof garden, lower right corner. Looked at your 2009 post & pix and would really like to see the City in the flesh as it were. I don't suppose that Callie or my dog would be happy there so it's a non- starter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Walt, is that "that building" again? You know how I feel about it.
    Take care.
    m.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lot of people don't go to La Défense because they don't think it's worth the trip....but it definitely is a place to see. There is so much outdoor art there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How did you guys get on the French national health plan after being there only three years?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks good to me Walt. A different view of Gay Paree that we the Great Unwashed rarely see.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did not know you could go up the Arch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. lesley, I agree!

    mark, nope, it's a different one. This one's not as tall; it's a high-end hotel called Le Concorde-Lafayette.

    starman, yes! Not to mention the views from up on top of that 30-story arch. As for the health plan, all legal residents are eligible to enroll after three years. You pay according to your income.

    ron, thanks!

    michael, yes, but unless you're handicapped or a serious senior citizen, you have to walk up.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!