Sunday, October 16, 2011

Walter dans le métro

The Concorde Bridge connects the Place de la Concorde on the Right Bank to the Assemblée Nationale (the lower house of the French legislature) on the Left Bank. About a block away from the Assembly building is the entrance to the métro station I was headed for.

Here's my train! At the Assemblée Nationale station.

It wasn't long before I arrived at my hotel and picked up my back-up camera battery. I was back on the platform at the Cardinal Lemoine station in no time, ready to head back over the Rodin museum to meet my cousin and his wife. I had seven stops, a transfer, then two more stops. I made it more or less on time.

Waiting for the train at the Cardinal Lemoine station next to my hotel.

Mark and Julie were already there, browsing around in the museum gift shop. There was practically no line at the entrance and I paid my for my ticket and we were in. The museum is in the Hotel Biron, an eighteenth century mansion with an extensive garden in the middle of Paris. The building was in a sad state of repair when Rodin occupied it in the early 1900s. The national government bought and renovated the building after Rodin bequeathed his works to the people of France, stipulating that a museum be built around his collection at the site.

7 comments:

  1. I'm in love with that first photo. Yes, actually in-love. What of it? Just you wait until my next trip to New York and I get a photo of a train. You won't be laughing then, will you?
    Have a great day, Walt!
    Your Friend, m.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Métro photos! :))

    Did Mark and Julie like the Rodin Museum? Did you? I especially love the La Petite Châtelaine, by Camille Claudel (the link is to someone else's photos from his trip to the Rodin Museum).

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just discovered your blog and I think you take the most beautiful photos. I am an Oklahoman who got to visit France and fell in love so I love to see all the pictures of sites and people there. Yours are so colorful and vibrant, love them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always enjoyed the advertising posters in the Metro stations.
    Vibrant!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wish I could still navigate the métro stations.

    ReplyDelete
  6. mark, thanks! I'm looking forward to your train...

    judy, yes, I think they enjoyed it. We had a good time wandering around.

    cheri, thanks! Glad you could stop by!

    tch, they do liven up the place a bit!

    starman, it does take a certain stamina and physical ability, especially with all the stairs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Walt, all your photos are pretty nice, but the top one of the metro in the station is really great!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!