Thursday, April 12, 2012

Church tower

The church in Saint-Aignan is impressive when seen from a distance as it rises up above the town's rooftops. Only the château is taller on the "skyline." But in town, the church is almost hidden from view, except for glimpses here and there depending on where you are.

One of the towers of the collegiale church in Saint-Aignan, seen from below.

This view is from very close in a pedestrian passageway on the south side of the building, just off the town's main street. We were enjoying a beautifully clear and crisp market morning last Saturday.

9 comments:

  1. Lovely. A market morning sounds lovely too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lapis sky is a nice contrast to the slate roof!

    Mary in Oregon

    ReplyDelete
  3. A while back, you wrote something about getting on the French National Insurance but try as I might, I can't find it. Can you give me a clue?

    ReplyDelete
  4. judy, well, we certainly have a lot of it around here!

    writer, yes, it's always great fun, especially on a nice day.

    mary, I had to look that up.

    starman, thanks! I'll see what I can find. Are you sure it was me and not Ken?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. I found a post I wrote on December 15, 2006, about getting ourselves into the system. You can find it in the archives list in the sidebar. Let me know if that's what you were looking for.

      Delete
  6. That's a very interesting post, but it's not the one I was looking for which was much more recent.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!