Saturday, April 07, 2012

Friday was pizza day

It was a good Friday and we passed over other lunch choices to make pizza. I made my standard crust (leavened bread), Ken made a bolognese topping with ground turkey and our home made tomato sauce, and we had a salad after (not bitter greens). There was even a chair for Elijah, but he didn't show up. I drank his wine. So let it be written, so let it be done.

Pizza made with a turkey bolognese sauce and mozzarella cheese.

The pizza was terrific and we enjoyed it. We're planning our standard Easter feast of rabbit for Sunday. Yes, we eat the Easter Bunny. We'll head out to the market this morning to buy one. In the meantime, Ken got us a turbot for Saturday's lunch. Yum. Maybe there will be pictures...

9 comments:

  1. You had me at "passed over"! Your knowledge of the Pesach traditions astounded me. Who knew? I made deviled eggs today. Works for whatever one observes. Enjoy your weekend and enjoy your sacrifical bunny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh geeeeeeeeze, Cheryl, thanks for pointing out the cleverness of our fella, Walt. I wondered why he had worded it that way (duuh). And, now I'll have to read up on the whole Elijah thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh noooooo!
    Just as I was comfortable in my food curtailing intake, this flashes before my eyes for instant salivation and hunger.
    You owe me a new shirt, but I will take a pizza to go, hold the onions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. At least the wine wasn't Mogen David!

    ReplyDelete
  5. cheryl, Ken and I went to a seder once many years ago. I guess some of it sank in! And the wine wasn't Manischewitz, either (not that there's anything wrong with that).

    judy, oy!

    starman, :)

    michael, sorry to tempt you. I'll have to check to see if Phoenix is in our delivery area...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always get pizza every lunch and I'm enjoying it. Anywhere around you can search for a good food with different specialty of taste and you will get used to it. Happy eating everyone :)

    Xahnn from Postdoctoral Fellowships

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hadn't heard those words before " So let it be written, so let it be done." But for some reason find them moving. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't believe how unutterably cruel you are to post a photo of that lush pizza during Passover. I'm already matza'd out and it's only day 5. (Yes, I'm behind on my blog reading.) Hope you had a happy bunny day.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!