Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Spidey

Not being an expert on spiders, I couldn't tell you if this is a male or female, or even what kind of spider it is. It looks like a European garden spider that I saw on the internet. The web was pretty big, about a foot across, and the little spider was sitting right in the center. There was a good gap between the outer circles and the inner circles where the spider sat.

A spider either warming itself up in the morning sun or waiting for an unsuspecting insect to visit the web.

It was a week ago today that I started cutting our grass. And now it's time to do it again. Today's weather should be good for cutting. If I wait too long, the grass will be too long. Better to get another cut done while it's still manageable, no?

And, the close-up.


7 comments:

  1. oooooh, cool up close and personal! we have no grass to mow, nor tulips blooming; been too damn cold.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful spider- will show my granddaughter the photo. She loves the incy weency spider song.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a very dramatic close-up, Mr. DeMille.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spiders are fascinating (and give me the creeps). That is an amazing photo (and it gives me the creeps).

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!