Monday, April 19, 2021

A bud

The cold weather has slowed down the leafing-out process in the vineyards. I don't know how much, if any, damage was done over the past two weeks of morning freezes. Time will tell. One of the buds in this photo looks ok, with leaves growing. The other one looks a little too brown. I see parcels out back with many leaves and others with just buds.

A grape vine cane with buds tied to its support wire.

The chilly mornings don't motivate me to get out to work in the yard. Walks with the dog are no problem, but garden work is not happening. Part of the reason is that I did my back in again last week (third time this spring!). I don't even know how I did it this time, but I was not very mobile for three or four days. I'm better now, but I don't want to push it.

6 comments:

  1. I've read some news stories recently about devastation to the vineyards around France due to the recent frost. Glad your back is at least better now, but sorry you've been having problems.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No gardening for you for awhile. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about your back. Have you tried one of those wrap around braces? Lewis uses one for yard work and lifting grandkids.

    ReplyDelete
  4. mitch, yes, and it's not just grapes, but fruit trees and other agriculture, too.

    judy, it's a bummer, for sure.

    bettyann, true.

    evelyn, no, I haven't tried one. I'll bet they have them at the pharmacy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. it is lovely to see growth again and the promise of spring and life again.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!