Wednesday, April 21, 2021

Cows lips

Actually, cowslips, or coucous in French. They seem a little late this year (maybe because of the cold weather), but they're out in abundance now. Cowslips grow wild along the side of the vineyard roads and the edges of woods out back.

Cowslips out by the grape vines.

We actually got two UFOs out of the freezer on Tuesday. One turned out to be a leftover sauce that we decided was no longer appetizing. I think it went into the freezer in 2018. It's gone now. The other was some frozen black beans. They're perfectly good and we plan to have them in enchiladas on Thursday. Today we're eating couscous (not coucous) using the broth frozen just last month. We'll be adding some turnips, carrots, and artichoke bottoms, and I'll grill some merguez and a couple of chicken drumsticks to go with it. I predict more leftovers.

5 comments:

  1. My freezer was so small, I really couldn't freeze anything and leftovers were eaten the next day. I don't mind esting the same thing several days in a row.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Into the freezer in only 2018? That's almost fresh! The meals sound, of course, delicious. The flowers are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your ambition is admirable, the cowslips are cute, and I'm trying to figure out how to make a joke out of "coucous."

    ReplyDelete
  4. chm, I don't mind doing that, either.

    mitch, almost fresh! Sounds like a new marketing slogan. ;)

    chris, let me know when you do!

    michael, mais oui!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!