Tuesday, April 20, 2021

Tulips for Tuesday

These tulips grow along our road on a neighbor's property. She has bulbs sprinkled here and there, but mostly she has roses growing along the fence that separates her yard from the dirt road through the vineyard.

Red tulips by the road.

I took a UFO (Unidentified Frozen Object) out of the old chest freezer yesterday. It wasn't labeled. We're not really sure what it was. We thawed it in the microwave and our best guess is that it was the liquid from cooking winter squash. Why did we save it? I don't know. It got flushed. My goal is to thaw out one UFO per day until they're gone. We'll either eat them or toss them. I'm determined to decommission that freezer this spring.

8 comments:

  1. Glad to know you tossed the 'possibly winter squash liquid'! Those tulips are so vibrant. I need to pick up another bunch for the dining room I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also wonder why we freeze and keep some of the stuff we do!
    Tulips are my favourite flower, tulip time is a lovely time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Artists add a dollop of red to pictures to draw the eye! I love these red tulips! What color are your neighbor's roses (or is that a picture for another day!).

    I was surprised when I thawed a freezer UFO and I had 2 cooked chicken strips! I had chicken sandwiches for 2 days in a row with lots of lettuce, a little onion and my new find: cranberry mustard! YUMMY! I keep telling myself: Label and date those packages, Mary!



    ReplyDelete
  4. I have banned dear husband from putting anything into the freezer. He puts stuff in but never takes it out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great picture! Tulips are one of my favorites! Oh...and I need to clean out my freezer! Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  6. mitch, I just couldn't imagine what to do with it.

    jean, an urge not to be wasteful, probably.

    judy, a very springtime flower!

    mary, I always think, "I'll remember what this is." Then I forget.

    lynn, LOL!

    michael, good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I miss growing tulips.
    These are beauties.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!