Tuesday, April 13, 2021

Tasha Tuesday

Sort of. Maybe I should call this a Trio of Trees. You can barely see Tasha standing in the garden path. The three trees are, from left to right, an apple, a tilleul (linden or lime), and a fir (overgrown former Christmas tree). We're still working on the cleaning up from winter. There are piles of sticks and branches in the path waiting to either be stacked for kindling or ground up by the landscaper. I got half of the north forty cut on Monday. The other half has to be cleared of the birch branches that fell in the December wind storm.

The biggest artichoke is visible along the path on the right. I cut down the scraggly old sage plants that grew between it and where Tasha is standing. To the right of the artichoke is a little clump of green that are peonies.

And there's all manner of plants and pots that need to be sorted through and dealt with. And the green house needs to be reorganized for summer. My tomato seeds have sprouted and I just planted some summer squash seeds. Soon it will be time to till up the vegetable garden plot and get it ready to receive seedlings. In the middle of all this, I fully expect our contractors to show up, at the same time, to work in the yard and on the deck. That's usually how things happen around here. Stay tuned.

7 comments:

  1. I do love the more open space. Can't wait to see the new path and other improvements. Tasha Touring the Tree Trio

    ReplyDelete
  2. I transplanted a peony from my former house three years ago. It is finally happy and full of blooms this year. The peony was transplanted in '77 also from my Kentucky home. It cares lots of memories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean about memories, Evelyn. I have a male fern like this in Paris. It is like seventy yeard old and had many childrens. I love ferns.

      Delete
  3. The greenhouse sure looks nice! Nice alliteration, Mitchell!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love seeing pictures of your backyard. Maybe we’ll see more of Tasha next Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. mitch, neither can I!

    judy, hehe!

    evelyn, cool. '77 was a while ago!

    mary, it looks better from a distance...

    bettyann, maybe. You never know!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!