Thursday, April 22, 2021

Qu'est-ce que c'est ?

I don't know what this tiny flower is called. It kind of looks like it could be a variety of orchid or iris. This group grows in a spot very close to the vineyard road in the shadow of a tall stand of (false) acacia trees. Water frequently flows by this spot as rainfall drains down toward the river.

These little wildflowers add a nice purple color to the ground cover.

We're having nice weather again, thankfully. The mornings are still cool, but not cold. The days are sunny and almost warm. I got some more downed birch branches picked up and stacked yesterday and I mowed the tall grass where they had fallen. Still a long way to go. I'm not sure how much more I can do. I emailed the landscaper and asked him to include the cleanup and taking down the two trees in the work he's planning to do. I haven't had a reply yet.

7 comments:

  1. It is a Red Dead-nettle [Lamium purpureum] .... related to the mints, not the nettles... hence dead-nettle because it doesn't sting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is there a flower, a plant or a tree that Tim doesn't know? Thank you Tim.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m glad you’re hiring out the heavy, hard on the back work. Take care. The flower almost looks like a snap dragon although I know it isn’t. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's beautiful. I see from that earlier comment that it's a red dead-nettle. Such a romantic name. I just returned from a long walk. Too hot for the long pants I was wearing! I should have gone to the beach instead! How's the back! It doesn't sound like you've been going easy on it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. tim, I just realized that you ID'd this a month ago. How quickly they (I) forget!

    travel, yes!

    judy, it is, thanks. :)

    chm, he's very knowledgeable!

    bettyann, I've reached that age...

    mitch, the back is much better, but I have to be careful. Hot weather? Imagine that!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!