Saturday, April 24, 2021

Parasol demi-lune

Now that the weather is getting nicer (we got up to over 21ºC, almost 70ºF, on Friday), we're using the deck a little more. We're still expecting the renovation work to get under way sometime this spring, so I haven't put the table and chairs out yet. But I'm grilling and enjoying sitting out there a little. And, I put out the new umbrella.

The new umbrella on the deck. Ken likes the way it matches the emerging red maple leaves.

Like I mentioned before, it's half an umbrella, or half-moon, made specially for balconies. I hoped it would work on our deck (which is not a balcony in the technical sense). It does, mostly. The umbrella is almost too tall, but I can work with that. And, although I originally wanted the green color, I find I like the red just fine.

A different angle, kind of distorted. The deck will need to be emptied before the workers start the renovation.

The good weather got us out into the yard yesterday. Ken did the first pass in the vegetable garden with the rototiller. I got last year's Jerusalem artichoke flower stems pulled out and did some weed killing in our driveway. I also transplanted some of the tomato seedlings into individual pots. They're still small, but they look good. They can't go into the ground for another month (frost danger), so they're enjoying the spa-like conditions in the green house for now. Photos to come.

13 comments:

  1. I've just bought one and it was used the first time last evening (after modification to the table's lower legs support so that the base for the shade could fit through the hole). My choice was Mocha rather than the Green option.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the red! And I love the shape.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Umbrella seems a perfect solution, Walt! Shape and colour are completely fitting well to your deck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Moi, aussi, je trouve le rouge bien sympa :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the red color of the umbrella.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the red color of the umbrella.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't know why my above comment came up twice. Let's see if this one will do the same?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Red is Right! Car rally next door?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Deck living/eating is lovely is it not?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Walt, sorry to be inquisitive, but whose are the vehicles parked on the other side of the road from you? Roderick

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. roderick, they belong to the people (and their family) who own the house across the road. The house is just out of the photo to the left.

      Delete
  11. Ooops! I responded to all your comments, then hit a wrong button and poof! The responses disappeared. I didn't have the energy to do it all again...

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!