Tuesday, June 15, 2021

Chèvrefeuille

A section of our back hedge has been taken over by chèvrefeuille (honeysuckle). Its name (in French) means "goat leaf." I don't know why. I also don't know if the hedge is in danger from the plant. It's fully integrated in the hedge and would be very difficult to remove. It's been there since we moved in eighteen years ago, but there is considerably more of it now than there was then.

Some of the honeysuckle flowers are white and others are yellow.

We'll be taking advantage of our summery spell to cook burgers on the grill today. It's my morning to walk with Tasha so I think I'll take the camera and try to get a good photo of her while she's still relatively clean and untangled.

5 comments:

  1. I love the smell of honeysuckle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to a Tasha photo :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Honeysuckle is very pretty and attractive to birds and good insects. Are you going to make us wait till next Tuesday for a picture of Tasha? :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hummingbirds like honeysuckle. It's an invasive plant, and left unchecked it will eventually smother other vegetation. On the other hand, if it hasn't overrun you in 18 years, you may still be ahead of it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perhaps they are native to that French provence Goats do Roam.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!