Monday, February 28, 2022

Chambord

If this image looks familiar, just look up to the banner photo at the top of this blog. It's the Château de Chambord, King François I's "hunting lodge" built just south of the Loire River, not far from Blois. It's one of the most ornate roofs that I think I've ever seen. I believe that the tower in the photo is the roof over the castle's chapel, given the cross at the top (it's on the right in the banner photo). Of course, I committed a photographic no-no by cutting the top of the cross out of the picture.

The black and white version. Chambord, digitized color slide, Fall 2000.

I found conflicting information on the internet, but Chambord is among the most visited, or most beautiful, or most liked of the Loire Valley castles. There are so many to choose from.

6 comments:

  1. Fantastic roof line. I read it was the most photogenic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful domes and lanternon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. mitch, it's the château-stess with the most-est.

    chm, :)

    judy, didn't you go with Ken in 2017?

    travel, it's not far from where I live.

    evelyn, you can say that again!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!