Saturday, February 26, 2022

Somebody's having a bad day

Here are a couple of gargoyles at the Château d'Amboise. There's probably a story behind the one clasping his forehead, but I don't know it. Most of the time, gargoyles depict fantastical, and often scary, animals. Many resemble lions and serpents.

It could be worse. Rain water could be pouring out of your mouth. Digitized color slide, Amboise, Fall 2000.

Our new refrigerator is operating smoothly. We're adjusting to a smaller capacity, but it's not a hardship. The shelves are closer together than those in the old fridge and they are not adjustable. In fact, we took the horizontal bottle holder shelf out to make a taller space for bottled sauces, like ketchup and teriyaki. We've gone from four crisper drawers to one, so I picked up a few plastic bins to hold some items in the main refrigerated section.

It seems strange to be talking about a refrigerator with all this mess going on in Ukraine. I hope it calms down sooner rather than later.

7 comments:

  1. The gargoyle is reacting to the modern world... which for many is no better than his “gothic world.” I have a friend who collects gargoyle reproduction. She would love this one. I’ve considered collecting them myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clasping both head and stomach, he says, "I can't believe I ate the whole thing!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. He holds a rope in his left hand that turns around his neck. Is he going to be hanged?

    ReplyDelete
  4. mitch, may well be. I don't need anything else to collect. Right now I'm collecting dust.

    judy, :)

    emm, plop-plop, fizz-fizz!

    chm, could be... until then he's in suspense... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. By the way catsup and mustard do not need to be refrigerated. I only learned this lately myself. Saves on fridge space.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fascinating indeed, 'why' this expression.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!