Friday, February 11, 2022

Le noir et blanc

Here's another photo of the Pavillon de Marsan at the Louvre, a little closer than the last one and in black and white. I like the look of that woman with the trench coat blowing in the breeze and the two dogs, although I can't see any evidence of a leash on those dogs. UPDATE: I just realized that the guy walking toward the camera has leashes around his shoulders.

A glimpse of the Pavillon de Marsan from one of the allées in the Tuileries Garden, April 2009.

I'm getting to the end of these Paris photos. Most of them were already posted in years past, although I've reworked many of them. Some were "rejects" that I've dusted off for lack of new material. We're obviously not getting out to take photos in new places. And now, with the dog's injury, we won't be any time soon. And taking photos on our walks is problematic because our walks are short now and we have to keep Tasha on a short leash.

So, I've been thinking that I might dig into some of the color slides I took before I made the move to digital. I have slides of our first trips to the Loire Valley and other places in France. It means scanning and fixing up the images, but what else have I got to do in these winter months? It's always good to digitize older photos, especially since the slide projector is kaput and I have no other way to enjoy them.

8 comments:

  1. It looks like there are people siting on a bench near the dogs and behnd those people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the black and white and you’re right about the woman in the trench coat. It adds wonderful energy to the photo, as do the unleashed dogs... although leashes wouldn’t dampen the effect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photo, I hope she jumped the leashes. Scanning slides is a voyage of discovery

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see three dogs, two poodles and a bull dog. None of them seem to be on leash. Now I see the man in the center with a leash around his neck. He must be the leader of the pack! Love this photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is it a leash trailing the back caniche with a fluffy tail? The third dog stands near the person sitting on the bench.

      Delete
  5. Walt.... have a guess.... I got out and dusted down my scanner to do very similar to you....
    NO WINDOWS 10 DRIVER! Plustek no longer support it, by ONE model!
    So I have bought the latest model [which is actually double the resolution] and the same pattern as the older... so all the slide and film carriers are the same! It arrives tomorrow... rain is forcast for Snuddy.... so, have a 'nuther guess... I'll be scanning some slides!!

    Lovely B&W photo.... full of life... and you've got wonderful contrast on the people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My old Epson scanner was a good one, but when I upgraded to 64-bit Windows it would no longer work. I gave it to somebody who uses a Macintosh because I read that it would still work with Macs. Now I'm trying to decide whether to buy another scanner, or just pirate Walt's from time to time.

      Delete

Tell me what you think!