Thursday, February 10, 2022

Le pavillon

This is the Pavillon de Marsan, part of the Louvre palace in Paris. It was the northern end of the Tuileries Palace until the Paris Commune in 1871, when that palace was burned down. The pavillon was reconstructed shortly after, but the Tuilieries Palace was demolished and not rebuilt.

The Pavillon de Marsan (and a few of the other Louvre pavillons) seen from the Tuileries garden, April 2009.

When I was done at the Arc de Triomphe, I think I took the métro down to Concorde for a brief walk through the Tuileries garden where I took a bunch of photos. I was on my way to catch my train home. I obviously had some time to kill.

8 comments:

  1. Architecture that stops your heart. Very nicely framed with the bright springtime green of the Tuileries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the Pavillon de Marsan is located the Musée des Arts Décoratifs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Esta and I did several walks in the Tuilerie gardens last summer. This photo makes me want to go there again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. mitch, :)

    kiwi, thanks!

    chm, another place I'd like to go one day.

    travel, it was a pretty nice April day.

    evelyn, I would, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been there in the autumn. The only thing different was the colors of the leaves on the trees. I'd been expecting more tourists.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!