Sunday, February 13, 2022

Set the WABAC machine...

...to fall in the year 2000. While I had been briefly through the Loire Valley back in 1982, this trip would be the first I had spent some time here. We traveled with our friend S. from California and rented a holiday home in Vouvray, on the edge of the chenin blanc vineyards there. Little did we know that visit would be a foreshadowing of our move to the region two and a half years later.

Our little home away from home in Vouvray, Fall 2000.

The gîte rural (holiday home) that we rented was a two bedroom stone house. It was cozy and comfortable, especially because we could spend some of the time sitting outdoors. The house was our base for exploring the area, especially the famous châteaux along the Loire and Cher rivers.

A little sitting area outside the front door. Vouvray, Fall 2000.

These next posts will contain some of the photos I took during that trip. I've digitized the images from slides -- I was really into taking slides back then. The photos' technical quality may not be the best, but at least it's a way to preserve the images for viewing. I stopped taking slides in 2002 and dabbled in digital for a few years until 2006, when I got my first digital camera. I hope that my photography skills have improved some in the past 22 years.

7 comments:

  1. I pleasantly remember the charm and quiet of this lovely gîte.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks exactly as I’d expect a holiday home in the Loire Valley to look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks charming, I look forward to doing trips like that again

    ReplyDelete
  4. chm, we had Collette at the time, but she didn't come to France until 2003.

    mitch, why, yes it does!

    travel, we do, too. We have several destinations on the list. Maybe next fall...

    judy, be careful what you ask for... lol!

    wilma, :)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!