Friday, February 25, 2022

Roof tops

This is the view from up in the Château d'Amboise, the top of the tour des Minimes I think, looking more or less west across the center of town. The Loire River is just to the right of the trees on the right edge of the image. The roofs in Amboise are made with slate tiles. Les ardoises d'Amboise, if you will.

The round tower is the Tour Garçonnet at the Château d'Amboise. Digitized color slide, Fall 2000.

We're back to flirting with freezing temperatures for the next few mornings. High pressure is building in, so the night skies are clear. It will be interesting to see if the predicted sunny days materialize or whether we'll be under an inversion layer through the weekend.

Today is a day of errands for me. I'm going to the vet's office for some more dietary kibble for Tasha. I have to go to the dump again -- they're issuing ID cards to show we're residents and I needed a piece of paperwork that shows my address along with my normal ID, so I'm going to turn that in. Then a stop in the housewares store for a couple of little things and, of course, a quick run through the grocery store. An exciting life, indeed.

6 comments:

  1. I hope your pace yourself today and don’t get carried away by the excitement. Are you SURE you want to include a quick run through of the grocery store?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life is as exciting as you make it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hoping your errands went well -- I imagine that you've finished, by now.
    We have icy, snow-covered streets still, today, so I'm staying put.
    I like the quality of these older photos of yours, Walt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this photo. I hope your errands went well. Mostly rain here in Alabama, but the trees are starting their flower show now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am normally a risk-taker, so I admire your courage during this bout of freezing temperatures! I, for one, must go out later today to replenish my grapefruit and bananas! Otherwise, this would be my third day stuck inside! Ardoises in Amboise! A little poetry for the day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. mitch, I had to go to the grocery store. My bonus euros would have expired on Monday if I didn't spend them. I got a couple bottles of wine for free. And scored some fresh snow peas, something I don't see here often.

    chm, sometimes it makes its own excitement...

    judy, icy roads are no fun. We don't have them often. I'm glad you're enjoying the slides!

    evleyn, the plum in our back yard is starting to bloom now. Spring is not far!

    mary, the roads don't generally ice over unless it's much colder, like several degrees below zero, so it's usually not a problem for us.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!