Tuesday, June 21, 2022

Cognac

On our way back toward Paris at the end of our southwestern road trip, we stopped in the small city of Cognac. Of course, we visited a distillery and had a taste of the famed brandy. I think it might have been Martel. I don't remember why I took this photo, maybe because of the kids playing in the street. Looks like it was garbage day, too.

A quiet street in Cognac. Digitized color slide, 1989.

Another weather system came through last night near midnight. Much less thunder and lighting, but apparently a good amount of rain. I fell asleep once the leading edge of the front passed through.

6 comments:

  1. Very strange street. It looks like there mIs water in the middle. chm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I commented, above, on my “new & improved” iPad! The more it gets “improved” the more it gets complicated. I wish I were ten years old to be able to navigate “that” thing.

      Delete
  2. Those plastic dumpsters ruin a lot of scenes that could pass for a hundred or more years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a great photo. Follow the meandering laneway.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Solstice Day to you and Ken!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't believe I've ever had good cognac. I suppose to call it so, it must come from this city? sort of like 'champagne" ?

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!