Thursday, April 21, 2011

The leaves are here

The vineyard is leafing out! The leaves are small right now, but in another week or so, the vineyard will be a sea of green. It's an amazing time of year. Of course, I think every time of year is amazing, so there you go.

Looking northeast toward our house and the Cher valley just beyond. Over the horizon is the Loire River valley.

The vineyard workers are still out there every day bending the canes down parallel to the wires and fixing them horizontally. That way, the buds along the canes will send shoots up vertically. Ain't spring time grand?

12 comments:

  1. Walt - We have leaves too but they're all over the ground and they're brown AND every weekend I have to rake them up.
    Enjoy your summer!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait! Where are those workers? I don't see them! m.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "All the leaves are gone...and the sky is gray....."

    Oh, wait, that's not what you said....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray for spring!
    Which wall are you painting red? Can't wait to see it.

    BettyAnn

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love terra cotta red- I hope you find it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm jealous of your weather! Your current time is 11:23 p.M. and the temperature showed 55 degrees. We will be lucky if we make it to 57 degrees for a high as it is now 2:24 p.m. and windy and cloudy - not nearly 50 degrees is my guess.

    Question: Do you often find yourself wanting to have a glass of wine when you look out at the vineyards as you do from your home?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Correction, your time is just 11:00 p.m. (my bad!).

    ReplyDelete
  8. leon, I remember six months ago when the situations were reversed.

    craig, merci.

    mark, ah, this photo was taken after 6pm; they had already gone home for the evening.

    judy, :)

    alewis, thank goodness!

    bettyann, it's one of the walls in the big stairwell.

    evelyn, me too!

    mary, our weather has been unseasonably good, that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Speaking of houses, did you guys know about L'hôtel de Saint-Aignan, at 71, rue du Temple in Paris?

    ReplyDelete
  10. starman, no, I didn't! I'll look it up.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!