Monday, March 04, 2013

Starry starry nights

We're having very clear nights at the moment. When I get up in the middle of the night and look out the western windows, I can see the constellation Orion hanging in the sky as bright as can be. It's one of the most recognizable star patterns in the northern hemisphere this time of year.

Looking westward at sunrise. A clear sky, frost on the ground, and the stars faded out of sight.

I wish it was warm enough to go outside and take longer looks, but unfortunately clear skies in winter mean very cold temperatures. And that means frosty mornings.

4 comments:

  1. it does look chilly...... but bleak and beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do know that we are all originally from Orion, brought here by aliens....right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. but nowadays you can see Leo, who heralds the arrival of spring. He's an old friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the muted colors.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!