Monday, August 19, 2013

It's that time of year

Summer is winding down and the late summer wildflowers are in full swing. Here where we live we have mostly wild carrot and chicory. Both are flowers that I remember from when I was a kid. The blue chicory is a nice bit of color along the vineyard road.




Yesterday's weather system brought a few sprinkles and some gusty winds, but not much else. It stayed relatively warm and now that it's moving on we're expecting a sunny week. More yard chores to do!

8 comments:

  1. I love chicory flowers...
    and these pix are lovely...
    one of Nature's true blues!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We just got threatening clouds -- not even a sprinkle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a lovely blue colour....wildflowers can steal the show sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colour too... I didn't know that kind of flower ! Thanks, Walt ;-) And bises to both of you

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful blue ,, well done ,, these are super photos. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Walt, these are simply lovely! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Blue is one of my favorite colors! You've really captured these delicate blooms!

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are pretty. With wild flowers like these you don't need to buy any.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!