Friday, August 02, 2013

The hall of antlers

And skulls. It's kind of creepy when you see it up close. Most of these decapitated deer were killed in the 1960s, according to the plaque on each trophy. And many, or most, come from other places than Chambord. I don't know anything more about them.

Visitors admiring the antlers at Chambord castle.

Yesterday was hot! Not Death Valley hot, but hot for us. The nightly news is devoting half their program to the hot weather. I got the grass cut and the vegetable garden watered before it got too warm. We're expecting more of the same today, then storms moving through overnight and a cool-down. We're enjoying cooking on the grill at lunchtime then taking it easy in the afternoon and evening. You might ask, "How is that different from every other day?" Well, we don't always cook on the grill...

4 comments:

  1. Hi Walt, it is so lovely to follow your (and Ken's) activities. I am glad that your garden has enjoyed the sun and is producing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not so sure I'd enjoy that Hall of Antlers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Imagine how many vikings had to go down to get all those antlers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember this in a Disney tune: "I use antlers in all of my decorating" but I forget which movie - Bambi ?

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!