Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Winterizing

We're having a break in the rain. Still, the ground is saturated, soft, and muddy. The fallen leaves are wet and heavy. But there is still work to do. I got the deck table and chairs put away, and we've started moving outdoor plants into the greenhouse. I've still got the grill to clean and cover; maybe today.

The deck furniture is put away for the winter. The red maples are now golden and most of their leaves are on the ground.

On Tuesday I made good progress in the vegetable garden. All the stakes and supports are pulled out and stored away in the garden shed. I also pulled out the dead tomatoes and zukes as well as the remaining eggplant and pepper plants. Surprisingly, there was one nice eggplant and a good harvest of green peppers left on the plants. I'm glad I found them before they rotted.

This morning our low temperature is very close to zero and the attic windows are iced over.

6 comments:

  1. It’s raining here today! That view from your living room is absolutely wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems like just a minute ago, that you were excitedly grilling something for dinner for the first time of the season. Now, it's putting-the-grille-away time already :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The view from your deck is beautiful any time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nice view. We're still picking tomatoes here, if slowly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. mitch, it's even better in person. I can never get it to look right with the camera.

    judy, like sands through the hourglass... ;)

    bettyann, I agree!

    evelyn, :)

    chris, we've had a couple of frosts now, but the tomatoes were already done.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!