Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Hi ya, hyacinth!

These are some hyacinths that I transplanted many, many years ago to this location. I think it might have been between 2006 and 2008. They have filled in and are looking good. On the other side of the shrub there are daffodils. Some of them were in this spot when we arrived, others I've transplanted. The daffs are not as numerous as they used to be, so maybe some fresh bulbs this fall will help.

Hyacinth, yes, but not Boo-Kay.

More and more things are getting postponed or cancelled all around us. Our vet has asked to hold off on annual vaccinations for about four weeks. Bert is supposed to get his on the 25th, so we'll have to wait. Tasha's isn't until May. I'm waiting to see if the groomer cancels Tasha's appointment for next week. I'm sure she will, I just haven't heard from her yet.

I have to call the doctor's office to see if he can just give me a prescription renewal without the requisite office visit. I don't know if they do that here, but in the current situation, it's worth asking. I'm not sure I want to hang out in a doctor's waiting room if I can avoid it.

10 comments:

  1. That is one gorgeous bed of hyacinths. Thanks for sharing the beauty. Yep, I'd avoid the doctor's office, too. My guess is they'll be encouraging people to not visit unless absolutely necessary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boo Kay. ����

    My annual wellness visit was scheduled for this month so I asked if my Dr would renew my medications without seeing me. She did.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I put smiley faces after Boo Kay but they posted as question marks. :) :)

      Delete
  3. I need to get some bulbs and plant hyacinths next fall - their aroma keeps the deer away and they are really attractive. Here, suggestions are to call the Dr.'s office ahead of any visits. My guess is the waiting room could be a very contagious spot. I hope you can keep giving us cheery photos and amusing titles during our "lockdown"!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. In most of the US doctors offices are having you text them when you arrive, stay in your car and then they come and get you when the doctor is ready. No one is waiting in the waiting rooms.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hyacinths are on my list to plant next year. Yours are very pretty and I think I can smell them from here ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The flowers are lovely!
    All docs is quacks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My vet is postponing things, too. Essential visits are being scheduled with lots of space and time between clients. Even if Bertie or Tasha has to go a month or so beyond the sell-by date, it should be OK. And I'll bet they won't mind at all!!
    I envy your hyacinths. When I plant them, they get all sad and scraggly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. mitch, we'll see. I have a little less than 3 weeks worth of my Rx, so I'll be calling in a week or so.

    bettyann, I wondered about that. LOL

    mary, oh, a challenge!

    lori, that sounds prudent. I wonder if they're doing that here.

    evelyn, :)

    michael, oh, that old canard!

    emm, the vet said up to 4 weeks late is ok. So we'll wait a little before making an appointment.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is simply beautiful! I have a feeling it smells nice, too... ^.^

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!