Thursday, March 19, 2020

Inside the piney woods

I haven't ventured into what I call the "piney woods" in quite a while. It's a small stand of pine trees on the south side of a vineyard plot along our walking route. Callie liked walking in those woods, but I don't think I've taken Tasha there until now.

Inside the piney woods.

I noticed that the thick brush that blocked our entry in recent years is not there. There's no evidence that anyone cut it down, it just seems to have died back a little. So getting inside was easy. The ground is still covered with a carpet of shed pine needles, but it looked pock-marked by little craters, as if some animals were sniffing around looking for food. It could be the work of wild boar, known to dig around in farmers fields for grubs or tasty tubers.

Tasha enjoyed the smells and the adventure of a new walking route. I don't know how often we'll venture in, but if the access remains clear, it's likely we'll do it again soon.

9 comments:

  1. Hi, WCS! Just discovered your wonderful blog via friend's Retired in Delaware. The vineyard looks really beautiful and I love the photo you shared with us in this post. It's so pretty out there!

    I also took a look at your previously published posts and wow, those photos are stunning! Guess I should follow your blog because, I'd love to come back and visit more often! Hope to see you around... ^.^

    - Fit Studs

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice walk that would be -- without the wild boars. No walks in piney woods for us. Give Tasha a hug from me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. New experiences are good, usually.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The perfect time to explore the piney woods with Tasha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. No boars - that's always a good thing!
    New paths good for a new adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hot guys, welcome!

    mitch, it's very rare to see the boar, they're mostly nocturnal, I think.

    bettyann, usually. ;)

    judy, yes!

    evelyn, mary, :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. For me true woods are made of pine.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!