Sunday, March 15, 2020

Last-sythia

Our forsythia is on the left and a neighbor's is on the right. I'm sure there are more somewhere in the hamlet, but they're not easily seen from the road.

The forsythia add some bright spots of color to the neighborhood this time of year.

So, we're self-quarantining. Well, not really. We've just decided to minimize contact with the outside for a while. Not difficult for me, as I've only gone out of the neighborhood twice in a month. We've been to the grocery store, have a well-stocked pantry, and freezers filled with food. President Macron has closed the schools and universities for a few weeks. I checked on line yesterday and saw that the zoo is staying open as are, at least for the moment, the big châteaux in the region.

I do have to go to the doctor (routine for prescription renewal) in a week or so, Tasha has a grooming appointment at the end of March, and I'll want to get my hair cut in a couple of weeks, so I will be going out. We'll see about the hair. The woman who cuts our hair is pregnant, due some time in April. She told me in January that she would be accepting appointments into the first week of April before her maternity leave, but who knows what this virus scare has done to her plans. I wouldn't be surprised if she has closed up shop early.

6 comments:

  1. I really enjoy looking at your house--the setting is great. I love the mix of greens and the mix of textures, especially with the new pops of yellow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your house and garden pics... and your food and Tasha pics... and your travel pics... and your old pics. I love your pics! No haircuts here. Salons are closed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait for spring to come to Maine, but we have a much longer wait.

    ReplyDelete
  4. judy, thanks. We like it, too!

    mitch, I wonder if salons are closed here, too. I haven't been out...

    gosia, a good season!

    mark, I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These yellow bushes I have long associated with April and spring and easter time. it was jolly to see yours.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!