Thursday, November 18, 2021

Throwback Thursday

My friend and former colleague, Andy Nash, sent me this photo last week. It was taken (I'm not sure by whom) in 1992 when Andy ran for a seat on the Board of Directors of the San Francisco Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART) District. He didn't win, but it was a good try. I was fresh out of graduate school that year and lucky to have found a job with these amazing people.

The candidate, Andy, on the left, our friend and colleague Lucy W. in the center, and me on the right. 1992.

I worked with Andy, Lucy, and our boss Mike, at Silicon Valley's transportation policy agency and met and worked with transportation professionals across the Bay Area. I went on to become an executive at the San Francisco Municipal Railway thanks in no small part to the confidence they, and others, had in me. Good times.

6 comments:

  1. I had no idea what you had done as far as a career. We loved BART. I’m sure it was all because of you. A really fun throwback, by the way! (And I like your shoes.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the transit on the Bay Area, all of it. Have you read about the problems WMATA (Washington Metropolitan Transit Authority) is having with the newest railcars? The service on my line is every 20 to 30 minutes instead of every 7 to 10 until they can get the wheels back on the rails.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love seeing this flashback!

    ReplyDelete
  4. mitch, ah, my dirty bucks. I still have them!

    travel, yes, I've been loosely following that story. What a mess! I lived in DC for four years back in the early 80s and got around on the Metro, which has been considerably expanded since.

    evelyn, :)

    christine, and I knew you, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a history! And we get pictures to go along with it, too (Bucks, chinos et al!!!)
    Very classy group photo, Walt!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!