Saturday, March 26, 2022

Back to the Loire

Spring blooms took precedence over these twenty-one year-old slides this past week. But now they're back. Still at Villandry, here's one of the cygnes (swans) that live on the grounds, swimming gracefully in a plan d'eau (water feature).

A swan at Villandry. Digitized color slide, Spring 2001.

I was industrious once again yesterday and got the west forty cut. It's starting to look like someone is taking care of the place again. There's still much to do, but I feel we've made a good start. This evening I have the chore of turning the clocks ahead. We still have plenty of clocks that don't adjust themselves, including some with actual hands and numbers. They seem almost old-fashioned these days.

5 comments:

  1. We have a couple of antique clocks, an alarm clock, and a kitchen wall clock that need manual adjustment. We use the modern ones to get it right. At least our car clock will be correct again! SG always wanted a lot of land and swans (black swans). We had the land, we never got the swans.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hands and numbers on a clock almost old fashioned? Rather historical really. While I like proper clock faces, we have only my grandparent's wedding gift mantle clock. We were in a jewellery store today and I noticed it had clock face bedside alarm wind up clocks at the rather high prices of $50 plus.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My car clock needs to be changed, maybe I'll do it today. I have 5 clocks that need changing with the time change, just my computer and my phone do it automatically. I can't wait for the government to make a decision and then we won't have to make all those changes twice a year.

    A few agravations this morning, so your relaxing photo of the swan in that pond is slowing my heart down. Merci, Walt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. mitch, I also have several lamps around the house on timers, and each timer has it's own way of dealing with the time change, but each requires me to push a button or two to do it. I have to pull out the instructions for each on twice a year because I never remember how to do it. Argh!

    andrew, mantle clocks are nice. I haven't seen a wind-up clock in decades -- although I had one when I was in junior high school.

    chm, LOL!

    mary, I leave the car clocks to Ken. He remembers how to change them. I wonder if newer cars have self-changing clocks?

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!