Sunday, March 13, 2022

We interrupt this program...

...for a look at the cherry blossoms. This is the ornamental (fruitless) cherry that grows near the carport just off the deck out front. It looks great right now and better than I remember it from last year. Behind and to the left is a tall plum tree in our neighbor's yard.

The hedge separates our yard from our neighbor's.

I somehow screwed up the aperture setting when I took the photo. I didn't intend for the plum blossoms to be so out of focus. It's what happens when I try to go quickly. It was chilly outside. Saturday was gray and rainy most of the day. I built a fire in the morning and kept it going until after sundown. More of the same expected today. Ken made a warm and tasty gratin de chou-fleur (cauliflower baked in a white sauce with smoky bacon and cheese) for lunch that really hit the spot on a chilly and damp late winter's day. Today's lunch: beef enchiladas!

7 comments:

  1. Ooh, homemade beef enchiladas! The cherry tree is breathtaking this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah spring bloom, it started here, then it snowed

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful trees and delicious sounding meals. It was 35 degrees here in central Florida early this morning!
    I’ve looked at all your old posts of Villandry. They bring back great memories, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful colors and very tasty food -- what a treat!
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is now 12:45 pm, and I am just now finishing eating my breakfast. We had heavy rain and heavy wind gusts last night in the double digits - not sure but I am thinking 25 or so mph. The spring daylight savings time also arrived and the clocks were moved ahead 1 hour (another hour lost!). To see your fresh blooming cherry tree and Ken's yummy-looking salad was perfect after last night! Merci!

    ReplyDelete
  6. mitch, they turned out yummy!

    travel, I hate when that happens. ;)

    bettyann, brrr!

    judy, and not necessarily in that order!

    mary, I forgot what the groundhog predicted this year...

    ReplyDelete
  7. folling you so ican read more of your posts

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!