Wednesday, March 23, 2022

Hyacinth

It's Boo-kay! If you've ever seen the UK sitcom, "Keeping Up Appearances," you probably recognize that line. Social climber Hyacinth Bucket insists on that pronunciation of her surname. These are jacinthes (hyacinths) in our back yard. I transplanted them from another spot to here many years ago. They've since filled in nicely and I look forward to seeing them bloom every spring.

White hyacinths.

We're enjoying some spring-like afternoon weather this week; the mornings are still chilly. I did some cleanup work in the driveway yesterday, mainly getting some patches of dead leaves raked up. I'm working up to the annual spring task of picking up the sticks and small branches that fall out of the trees each winter. I gather them up and put them aside to use as kindling in the wood stove. The grass is growing at a clip (ha!), even the section that I cut a week ago. That means it'll need to be cut soon. I want to change the oil in the lawnmower before that. It's an exciting life, indeed!

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful flowers. I hope you’re not going to spoil things with lower middle class humour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the full Bucket on DVD (the entire series.). I can smell those from here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My brother and I enjoyed that series. I'm smelling the hyacinths also!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do forget to invite Hyacinth to your candle light supper.
    Beautiful flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hyacinth was a crack-up; I don't think I missed any of the programs! Deer hate flowers that smell, so hyacinth are a given around me! Yours are quite odorous!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!