Friday, March 11, 2022

Savonnières

One of the first things we did on this 2001 trip was to visit the Château de Villandry, famous for it's ornate gardens. On the way, we passed by the little town of Savonnières. It's on the Cher River very close to where it joins the Loire. We only stopped for a snapshot or two.

Savonnières on the Cher River. Digitized color slide, Spring 2001.

Today will be our last warm-ish day before things cool off again. And we're supposed to have afternoon rain showers. Rain showers in March are expected. In France they're called les giboulées de mars, similar to what Americans call April showers.

2 comments:

  1. I like Globules from Mars. We’re supposed to have some raining today and a lot (I hope, I hope) next week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. mitch, I hope you get it!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!