Friday, March 04, 2022

Drive this way, please

This sign points the way to the Château de Montrésor on the main road through town. It directs drivers up to the heights, the castle's entrance, and the town's church, before the road continues on out of town.

Road signs in Montrésor. Digitized color slide, Fall 2000.

I'm starting to scan the slides from our second trip to the Loire Valley. We went in the spring of 2001 and rented the same vacation house as before. The weather was good; it was the end of May and I spent a lot of time watching the French Open on television. I could sit outside and listen to the coverage through the window. What fun! We did a lot of touring around, as well, so I'll post some of those photos as I get them scanned and processed.

Thursday marked six weeks since Tasha returned home from her surgery. The surgeon said that she should be confined for six weeks, so in theory, her recovery is complete. Except that we intend to prolong it a while to be sure. She still favors the leg that was operated on. We notice that she skips steps every so often. We plan to keep her confined in her living room corral for a couple more weeks, and I think we've decided that she'll spend nights in her loft corral for the foreseeable future. We don't want her jumping up onto the sofa or the bed, or back down again. She likes the bed we made for her in the loft corral and curls up to sleep as soon as she gets in. I also don't see any off-leash walks happening, although we may start prolonging her walks as the weather gets better. Stairs are another thing we'll have to deal with at some point. For now, I'm still carrying her up and down.

6 comments:

  1. Such a shame about Tasha’s leg. I’m glad she’s recovered and did so well throughout, but I had it in my head all would be back to normal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m hoping for continued recovery for our favorite Tasha! The plans sound smart.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gentle does it...How lucky for you she curls up and goes to sleep in her corral. Crossing my fingers that her leg will allow her full weight without pain, soon and no need for the skipping.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She will probably continue to get stronger on that leg, bit by tiny bit, so your plan sounds like a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. mitch, and they say that dogs with this problem have a 40% chance of it happening in the other leg.

    judy, we're taking it slow.

    evelyn, we've heard stories of dogs that re-tore the ligament because they got too active too soon. That means another surgery and restarting from zero. Yikes!

    mary, she's doing much better, but we want to be as careful as we can be.

    emm, I hope so!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!