Monday, March 07, 2022

Plum

The prunier (plum tree) that Ken grew from pits and planted on the northwest corner of our property is blooming right now. Our neighbor to the east has one right across the fence and it's flowering as well. They're early bloomers and among the first signs of spring, along with forsythia and primroses.

It's past time to cut that ivy off the garden shed wall.

I may have mentioned that our living room curtains, sheers that we got nineteen years ago when we arrived, are disintegrating. They're still hanging in there (pun intended), but there are places where they sag. We've put off getting new ones made (they have to be custom made) because of covid. However, I just realized that we can order them on line without having to go to a store. Duh. I looked at a couple of web sites, including the store where we got the old curtains, and it looks pretty easy to do. I'll need to do a little more research in terms of style and price, but I'm hopeful that we'll have new curtains this spring.

7 comments:

  1. I’ve been doing more and more ordering online. I’m glad you can do that and still support the local shop where you got them. Oh, that plum tree!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That plum tree grew so quickly! I remember tasting plums on one trip- they were delicious as was the jam. Glad you have a plan for new curtains.

    ReplyDelete
  3. New curtains are lovely ways to brighten up the room.
    What a lovely thing to have a fruit tree one has seen grow like this one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful tree! I remember the pictures you posted of the curtains. Online shopping will solve the problem.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How many trees have you felled since 2003?

    ReplyDelete
  6. mitch, the shop is actually a big chain and it's about 30km away. But what the heck!

    judy, :)

    evelyn, we used to have a couple of nice plum trees. They didn't produce much, though, then the storm in 2010 blew them over.

    michael, I'm looking forward to new ones!

    bettyann, I hope so!

    chm, not counting the two that blew over in the 2010 storm, we've had ten dead or dying trees removed.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!